Monday, December 17, 2007

Mary Did You Know...

Luke 1-"Meet Mary, the favored one" (Chuck Swindoll)

MARY'S PROFILE: (Life Application Study Bible)

Strengths and accomplishments:

  • the mother of Jesus, the Messiah
  • the one human who was with Jesus from birth to death
  • Willing to be available for God
  • Knew and applied the Old Testament Scriptures

Lessons from her life:

  • God's best servants are often ordinary people who make themselves availabe to him
  • God's plans involve extraordinary events in ordinary people's lives
  • A person's character is revealed by his or her response to the unexpected

Key Verse:

  • "Mary responded," 'I am the Lord's servant, and I am willing to accept whatever he wants. May everything you have said come tru.' (Luke 1:38).

I want to be like Mary, a nobody, a servant, faithful, willing to be used by God...even a simple act of faithfulness is honorable to God.







No comments: