So they say that the university that I am going to is a Baptist university, and yes it is. Old, New Testament and Chapel are required to be taken to fulfill graduation requirements.
A few weeks ago, after church, my Resident Assistant and her friend invited me to go to their apartment to play games and watch football. Thinking that perhaps this would a good opportunity for me to meet new friends, I accepted.
I am, what others would say, a "Marth Stewart." I like everything to be organized, neat, clean. However, as I entered their apartment...what a complete mess-now typically, I would start fixing things around, but I didn't know these people, so I didn't bother. The first thing I looked for was beer-I was very glad that they did not have any because if they did, I would have immediately left.
After playing guitar hero, we proceeded to watch football. Everything was going great. We were laughing, cheering, and finally, I began hearing fulgar, foul languages. I was completely turned off. I said to myself: Hold on, they say they are Christians, it's Sunday...why are they saying these things? We just came from church my gosh! And why are they laughing and telling jokes that are so obscene? Disgusting?"
I was completely turned off. I suppose even if they say that this is a Baptist university and the Bible and its teachings are always being shoved down our throats, there are always a few who would not yield to what they hear.
Thinking about it now, I think I should have spoken up and told them that speaking with those kind of words displeased me. Maybe then, they would've stopped.
1 comment:
You obsessive compulsive person you hahahaha. Anyways regarding your friends there is a difference between a confessing Christian and a converted Christian. A confessing Christian would tell you that he or she is one but the fruits simply are not there or the fear to not so much displease you as it is to displease the Lord isn't there as well. A converted Christian is not just all talk he actually lives it. You know the saying...talk is cheap but action speaks. We all go through our own struggles and even i would be the first to say that yes i do slip every now and then but we should be reminded of what Paul said in the book of Romans 7:16-20(read). It is very important to obey God's word if we are really serious with our relationship with Him and if you must feel that it is imperative as per your conviction to remind your friends of who they represent (Jesus) when they start cussing then remind them you must just remember to be very compassionate in your rebuke and always use His word when you do it you can never go wrong with that (2Tim 4:2 and 2Tim 3:16 READ). Finally, always remember that you can always count on me if you need a friend to talk to distance is never an issue among God's beloved. You can ask for my e-mail ad from Postermaker if you wish to communicate with me. God bless my friend.
Post a Comment