Satan, the Father of lies, the one who likes to destroy us...Well, the Lord has conquered that already, so no need to worry. That devotion was so timely-I know that during these times when I'm lonely and alone, my thinking tends to wander about things that are not of the Lord, but then I remember...those lies are from Satan himself. John 8:42-47 says
"If God were your father," said Jesus, "you would love me, for I came from God and arrived here. I didn't come on my own. He sent me. Why can't you understand one word I say? Here's why: You can't handle it. You're from your father, the Devil, and all you want to do is please him. He was a killer from the very start. He couldn't stand the truth because there wasn't a shred of truth in him. When the Liar speaks, he makes it up out of his lying nature and fills the world with lies. I arrive on the scene, tell you the plain truth, and you refuse to have a thing to do with me. Can any one of you convict me of a single misleading word, a single sinful act? But if I'm telling the truth, why don't you believe me? Anyone on God's side listens to God's words. This is why you're not listening—because you're not on God's side."
I'm on God's side!
Today is day two of my husband being gone. How's my coping mechanism you say? Excellent, and all glory to the Lord because he is the one holding the both of us up! As I was driving to the grocery store, the radio commentator said these words "The light of the sky shows that God is with you"- so as a friendly reminder, every time I look up, I know that the Lord is with me; he's given us another day...and those days are given so that we may do his good works and his will for our lives, which is to spread the gospel!
My husband, you are always loved; I love you, I miss you, and I pray for you everyday. The Lord has appointed you head of our household, and just as the Church submits to the leadership of Christ, so should I, your wife, submit to your leadership. You will always have my full support in everything that you do. You are a wonderful gift sent from above. Even if you don't see it my love, I see a change in you. I love you with all my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment