My catching up with the one year Bible is on the move; I'm in Numbers. I think i prefer it than Leviticus, although now, I'm having to find myself reading numbers. Which makes absolute sense that the Lord named it Numbers. Duh! It still amazes me how far ahead you are!
I love you Mike! Come back home-this long distance is killing me! The Lord continually reminds the both of us to be patient. To exercise patience. I needed that today when I went went grocery shopping with our Dr. Mama and Roxanne. My patience with our little sister was wearing very thin. I had to stop and pray to the Lord, asking that he grant me what I was lacking.
So, if you knew you were not guaranteed tomorrow, would you live today differently? The unavoidable truth of this life must come to an end, but most of us do not know when that day will come. You and I are not granted an assurance for tomorrow. Life is short and death waits for us all!
As Psalm 39:4-5 says
Remind me that my days are numbered—
how fleeting my life is.
You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.
My entire lifetime is just a moment to you;
at best, each of us is but a breath"
No comments:
Post a Comment