Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Nurses

Navy blue. 2100. Tired looking faces. Talks of what to eat for dinner. Nurses coming in and out of the hospital room. IV pumps beeping incessantly. Alarms going off. Uncomfortable sleeping unit, albeit small in size. Hospital gowns. Hand sanitizers all posted and mounted all over the unit floor. Free internet, and cable TV. It's the hospital. A sanctuary of sorts for the ill. The amenities and accommodations all provided for. Not to mention, a safe house from the perils of the outside world.

As I was making my way through the hospital, flashbacks of days when I was in clinical's became clear and apparent. There was this deep feeling of longing to be back in school, to finish what I had begun. My dreams were abruptly stopped when I failed out of my own nursing school. My pride was indeed squashed. Was that all I was seeking for? Pride? Pride in myself? Pride in my accomplishments? Perhaps it was so. Too much pride in knowing all too well that I would finish and pass my courses without studying, without opening a page of my book. It worked for a while, but it didn't last long. My attempts were futile. What was I thinking? That's the thing: I wasn't thinking at all. Well, let's put it this way. The Lord completely humbled me in that aspect.

What I find quite so amazing with what has occurred is the fact that I don't know what my future holds. But I do know one thing: HE knows it all, and I'm not at all worried. I know full well that this is a time upon which prayer comes in. What exactly is his will for our life, my love? I am in awe.

Our time will come; I don't know when, I don't know how. I just know that we are in good hands. We are always in good hands.

No comments: