Tuesday, August 23, 2011

When All Else Fails, Try and Try Again

I would like to gloat and proudly say that I have eaten two bags of popped popcorn, fat free, might I add, sugar free orange flavored jello, three pieces of yellow, ripe bananas, and five scoops of coffee, ube, and cookies n cream ice cream; that was only a snack. Let's not forget mangoes. I know what you are thinking. And no, I will not become diabetic. Yes, you are right. I have a knack for sweet tooth. Yes, that meal completes a portion of the food pyramid. You know that segment that nutritionist discourage you from consuming so much off? Don't believe them; it's actually good for you, in the short run. I haven't mentioned dinner, so do not quickly judge and assume that I skipped a meal. On the contrary, I consumed green leafy vegetables, fish, and lots of glasses of water. Because of the liquid that I have so willingly drank, I anticipate early morning waking's to use the latrine.

Today, I discovered an addiction to such a simple game. The purpose of this game is to find a way to exterminate these pigs. Inability to do so leads to an angry and frustrated mother and daughter lazily, but surely, sitting at the dinner table, dirty dishes whilst waiting to be washed, placemats awaiting storage, concentrated on eliminating these pigs. We spent a good four hours glued to our technological gadgets laughing away at our failed attempts to reach the next level of what would take us another four hours to complete. I had a somewhat different agenda. My purpose in playing so was to earn three bright yellow stars for each level that I play. The result of such addiction leads to a strained neck, dead technological gadgets, and planning out strategies to defeat this game.

Basically, it boils down to one thing: When all else fails, try and try again! And so I venture out into the deep recesses of this house, to my solace, my quiet place, to concentrate on one such objective: Defeat the pigs!

No comments: