Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Aloof? Who, me?

Aloof? Carefree? Laid back? Sure, many people make that assumption when it comes to stressful, dire, worrisome scenarios, such as that when I miserably failed out of nursing school. Don't get me wrong, I cried for a while, but realized that everything that happens in our lives has a mere purpose. I don't know what it is, but I do know that it was not an accident. The same goes for the unexpected happenings of our day to day lives. The lack of worrisome that occurs in my demeanor is simply that my mind is prayIng to the Lord, and asking him for guidance, direction, faith, and trust as circumstances that thwart the equilibrium of our day is disrupted.

The same God that created me and gave me breath and life this morning is the same God who controls this world that we live in. The Bible says to pray for everything so that is simply what I'm doing. The Bible says not to worry, so I don't worry. That Bible says to trust in him, so I do.

I'm not aloof. I'm carefree with the mindset knowing that my God is right there with me all the way, everyday. I am laid back as I patiently watch and see the bigger picture in things. I simply pray to see what my Lord has willed for me.

No comments: