We have traded in our sports car for a more practical, cheaper, economical car, that can now carry more than two passengers! However, on top of that came a payment of $2,000 to re-finance the sports car, which meant, less money in our accounts.
Every time I pay our monthly bills, I cringe, as I begin to see our savings and finances dwindle some more. An unsettling feeling comes over me, and I begin to worry. It's hard not too. Money seems to be the only thing we ever depend on. It's what we work for, it's what we long for, it's what drives us to live. Because my husband and I are both full time students, we don't have any income coming. The only money we have left over will, as far as I can see, last only for only the next few months. After that, it's up to the Lord. However unsettling the feeling may be, I've learned that the Lord will provide and appropriately give according to his own timing, not mine, or ours.
That is such an amazing thought and feeling. A seminary wife who has experienced what we are going through reminded me to continually trust in His provisions, and that we did not enter DTS to be left alone. "This circumstance is only the beginning," she said, "it's only a glimpse of what you will encounter throughout seminary."
Have hope, don't give up, the Lord knows your needs, and there are people out there, right now, on their knees praying for such needs, not only for your needs, but others as well. Take comfort.
No comments:
Post a Comment