"Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray. In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the moring I lay requests before you and wait in expectation" (Psalm 5:2-3)
I'd like to be honest and say that sometimes, I fail to do my daily devotions. It's difficult. I get up one morning feeling so lazy, not wanting to do it, but knowing that I have to. It's a constant struggle. I know I must overcome this. Disciplining yourself is very difficult, but I know that I am very much capable of doing so. I pray that the Lord may give me the discipline to get up early in the morning and start my day of with prayer...
"David, who wrote Psalm 5, began each day with prayer. Before his mind became full of plans for the day, he sought God. Before his mind wandered to thoughts of yesterday or tomorrow, he sought God. Well-rested and alert, he sought the presence of his Lord and God.
David gave God the first and best part of his day. He expreseed his heart's desire, his requests for that day, and then he waited in expectation.
Waiting on the Lord is never included in time efficiency suggestions. We need to get things done, to cross tasks off the list, to be productive and efficient. We assume these things please others and hope they will put us in a better light with family members and coworkers.
But God says, "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10). He is in control of our schedule. When we relinquish our "to-do" list, share our requests with the Lord, and wait in expectation, we will find that things always turn out better than if we had taken things into our own hands.
God's ways are not our ways. We can expect great things from Him when we start our days with prayer and silent waiting in His presence." (ANCHOR)
No comments:
Post a Comment