A new year has begun, and the day of my parting is slowly approaching.
Resolutions they say, are things you would like to change to better yourself. My father sat me and my brother down and asked, "So, what are your resolutions?" I had no answer. I thought to myself, 'I never follow through. This time, it must be different, but what? It's been 365 days. How did I, compared to last year, better myself? What can I do better this year?
One thing came to mind: 'Aha' I said, 'my spiritual life! But what specifically. I thought some more. I know-APPLICATION...applying God's word.
Bible studies, world view/Sunday school, and services have taught me so many things. I take so many notes, but I'm never quite up to par with applying what I have learned. Sure, when bad things come my way, that's when I get down to the Word and reminiscence over past sermons-it should never be that way, not anymore, not ever. It's time for change.
What use are these things that I am learning if I never apply them? I cannot stand to be only a "hearer of the Word," I want to be a "Doer of the Word" (James 2:22).
No comments:
Post a Comment