What I don't quite understand is this: I specifically told them that I do not approve of drinking, but yet, they go out and drink knowing this fact. You know how much that angers me? Very much angers me.
Okay, okay, I get it: "But I'm not going to get drunk, it was just a drink, everyone's doing it, it was free, i don't drink all the time, my work place is so secular...non christians"-sure, I get the point: excuses-I don't want to hear it!...Why would you go ahead and do something knowing that I detest drinking. Why? It's very upsetting...but I'm not the type of girl who would go out and seek revenge against them, truly I am not that kind of person...but then again, who can I talk to? I have no one to vent to...alright, so you say God...I know, I understand. But I think I need someone there physically, just someone to listen to me, just someone to listen to me.
I've met friends here, but I don't know them that well-how awkward it would be for me to suddenly spill something like that to them...
I suppose I must forget about it-
Maybe this is how God is like with us? He has given us the rules/regulations (if that's how you'd like to call it), but then, we persist on doing what we know is wrong, what we know that is upsetting to the Lord...we persist. Maybe this is how he reacts? Angry, disappointed...
1 comment:
Kid, you have a lot to learn about this world...trust me i've been there..done that...been around for 41 years to figure out what disobedience to God and it's ramifications are and what it feel like to go through the comfort of His grace (not to be mistaken as an excuse to go on sinning though). I know how hard it is to be in a far away place and feeling isolated when my first months here in the U.S. were miserable to say the least that if it hadn't been for my faith in Him and His word i would've easily given up. Remember what God said to Paul in the book of 2Cor.12:9 "My grace is suffecient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness."
Post a Comment