Thursday, January 31, 2008

I am the new Jazz Pianist

Today was a rather good day. Chemistry was quite fun-we did more work with nomenclatures. I understand it quite well, but I was very disappointed with my quiz grade. Mother's are always right. I should've listened to you, Mom. Why? Well, I stayed up all night memorizing my polyatomic ions, only to have forgotten them while taking my quiz, thus resulting in a whopping 77-at least it was better than the other grades that I saw.

I realize that working out everyday and staying up late to study is no good for my body-I was dozing off during chapel and I could not focus in my classes.

As I have mentioned in earlier posts, I felt that the Lord has opened up an opportunity for me to be the pianist for the ensemble group here at the university. Before I entered the classroom, I prayed that the Lord may give me the courage to fight the fear that I was feeling, and to guide me as I play, and He surely did. I did fairly well-I enjoyed it, and voila, I am officially their new jazz pianist. I am still a bit alien to the musical style, but I know that I will learn along the way, and I am very thankful that the Lord has given me this opportunity to utilize the gift that I have been given.

We began the study of Mark in my New Testament class today. I was quite disappointed with my performance regarding the test that we took. It was very difficult. Well, at least I know the structure and the format of it, so perhaps, next time, I will do better. I liked the fact the our professor, the Pastor, prayed for us and the test that we were about to take. He said, "Lord, I know that most people have a different connotation when it comes to the word 'test', but Lord, may we see this as an opportunity to know where we are/where we stand, and evaluate ourselves on how well we have studied/read the material."

I now have a different perspective with taking tests.

1 comment:

deeper said...

Did I not tell you that God had your back? Congratulations, I am so proud of you. Please continue to pray for my friend Omie he continues to fight for his life (details are on my blog posted today)...The Battle belongs to the Lord!!!