Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Death and Dying

I've always wondered: If I was told that I only had a few months to live, what would I do? What would I want others to remember me by? What would they think of me? How would I spend those last few months? Would I bargain with God? Would I rejoice, knowing that I have served my purpose here on earth, and the Lord is ready to take me away? Would I be out and about doing last minute things? Would I be making amends to those persons that I have hurt? What would be running through my mind?

I suppose I'm ready to go...or whenever the Lord has called me to go. I've written my epilogue, my obituary-I've yet to write my eulogy, but that's not due until March 5. A death and dying class doesn't seem so morbid. I told my my bible study group yesterday that I was not afraid of death.

It's very difficult to know what one feels...what they're thinking while in their dying state.

I don't understand why the topic of death and dying is so taboo. I think that the important question to ask yourself on the verge of death is..."Do I know where I'm going when I die?"

Hmm, I want to be a singing, gospel preaching, violist playing Nurse. That would just be great.

Tomorrow's Valentine's Day. I've never really thought about its origin. I suppose this should shed some light: The History of Valentine's Day.

I've always wanted to compose music with the likes of John Tesh and Jim Brickman-there's something about music-it relieves me of stress.

No comments: