Monday, February 25, 2008

Kenny G + Library + Coffee

What a grand combination: Kenny G, the library and coffee. There's nothing better than spending the late evening, sitting in the library, listening to Kenny G's latest hits, and sipping on coffee. Somehow, I could never get anything done in my dorm room. The eree silence of my room drives me crazy, and the laptop on my desk is too distracting. Or maybe it's because I still have that lack of discipline on my part.

Alright, so school is difficult. My parents have said that in order to want something, I must work for it, so I'm working for it. Sure, the results of my hard work may not meet my expectations, but the important this is...I'm trying my best.

I've grown accustomed to being independent (not completely, but you get the gist of it). I do miss aspects of home, but being away isn't too bad. I believe that this is a time in which the Lord is molding, helping me to grow, teaching me new things, shaping my character, personality, giving me circumstances that are changing the way I think about things, re-adjusting to people, realizing that others' needs are a lot more important than mine even if it means being taken advantage off, sacrificing your time to accommodate their needs, learning how to prioritize my time, saying 'no' with confidence, not losing hope (grade-wise), having the right attitude in everything, trying my best at everything that I do, humbling myself to say that 'I need help' and asking for that help, admitting that 'I do miss home, I miss family, I miss the food, I miss you, I want go back' but knowing that the Lord has placed me here, and here I will stay, to pursue my studies and to pray what the Lord's will for my life is, to be strong, to endure, to avoid feeling insecure even if the international students don't talk or sit by me during meal times, to know that even if I feel lonely/alone, I know that the Lord is always there, to know that He will never leave me, and though I may feel dissatisfied with so many things and completely inadequate, I know that the Lord is there to give me that assurance that I'm not. I know that I may not have the right words of encouragements, advice, nor can always empathize, but there's one who can: Our Lord. He is the only one that can fill the voids of my heart-and for that, I am greatful.

I've never spent more than an hour in the library, and yet, here I am, studying until it closes...maybe I should leave earlier next time...it's not too safe walking outside.

No comments: