Sunday, February 3, 2008

Secret Agent Woman?

A friend of mine referred to me as "Secret Agent Woman." He notices my every move, watches everything that I do, and happens to be in the same place that I am always in. Everytime that he sees me, I am always by myself, listening to my ipod, hands on both jacket pockets, checking my mail box, glancing at my phone, text messaging. Finally, he stopped me and asked:

Friend: Roscelee, why you always alone? How come you nevah talk to noboday? Don't you hang out with friends here? You look like some secret agent woman. You always got yo ipod, you neva talk to noboday, what are you? some undercovah agent or somethin?

I told him that I wasn't a secret agent woman, nor am I some undercover agent (although I thought to myself: I can pull it off, can't I?). I didn't mind being alone, and that I actually liked being by myself, which suprised him.

I was able to meet the international student here, but they don't seem to welcome me at all-I think my English intimidated them or maybe I give off an unpleasant vibe...who knows, but like I told my friend, I don't mind being alone at all-I prefer it most of the time. Alright, so psychologists would tell me that it's unhealthy to be anti-social (perhaps that is what they would label me as), but I don't see anything wrong with it.

We learned about the devil today. The preacher said:

1) Beware of the ENEMY we face. (This world does not recognize Godliness, our enemy is the world)
2) Take seriously the BATTLE we fight. (The devil attacks us when we are most vulnerable, he uses our physical desires and makes it perverted, abuses it)
3) Make full use of the WEAPONS we employ. (And our greatest offensive weapon is the WORD OF GOD).
4) Rejoice in the VICTORY we can win.

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Ephesians 6:12).

So, you great deceiver, you may attack us (believers) as much as you want, but in the end, we will WIN.

------------------------------------------------

It takes so much discipline just to study. I have said it many times before- "I have all the time in the world to read, to study"-I must persist, I need more discpline. I will not blame the internet or anything else, but myself. It is really, all up to me. I must make use of my time very wisely.

2 comments:

delirious71015 said...

i've noticed being so busy makes me realize how much time i wasted during those summers. ehh focus!

deeper said...

Hey ging please check my blog today my best friend's condition is not getting any better. I have asked friends and church members to please post a comment preferably words of encouragement on my blog so it could be transmitted to his pastor that way all of them would know that we are fighting the battle with them with God leading the way.