I realize that my emotions get the best of me-it always does. I was walking along our neighborhood this evening and I began to reminisce about the events that transpired weeks ago.
Allowing those emotions to cloud my judgment is never a good thing. I realized that by doing so, I forget the existence of my Father. I begin to depend on my feelings, my deceitful heart, and make careless, irrational, impulsive decisions. I had to stop myself.
Oh my heart feels so hurt. It seems as if the pain is unbearable, but I can take it, with the Lord's help. It's easier said than done, but quite possible.
There was no acknowledgment of my very presence, I was being ignored, it was as if I was not even there, no calls or e-mails, nothing.
Who can I lean on? Who can I shed those tears to? Who else can I talk to? Who is always there? Who understands what I am going through? Who knows my very thoughts? Who knows my needs? Who can mend my broken heart? Who can I depend on?
I will draw close to my Father.
1 comment:
"My hope is built on nothing less,
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand."
Post a Comment