Saturday, September 20, 2008

To Israel I Go!


My biblical backgrounds teacher lived in Israel for ten years. Each year, he and his wife, and those of us in our university who could afford a semester trip there would join him in their escapade. How I would love to go! Who wants to go with me?!

I told my classmates that I wanted to take Greek and Hebrew for fun! A lot of them gave me looks and said "Are you nuts?!" To that I said, "No! I know it's difficult, but I just really want to."

I want to study the Bible in its original context-to be able to decipher what the writers intended for a passage to mean...I want it to come alive...

I have gained a deep appreciation with Pastor's and teachers who have faithfully taken the time to prepare sermons and lessons. It is not a very easy task, but a rewarding one at that.

2 comments:

David Llamoso Talaguit said...

YOU GO, GIRL!

p.s.
Nice new look of your blog-site.

ladywarrior said...

When my mother was alive she was wishing to go to Israel but she was not able to go...now... this is my own wish for myself...that I could go to Israel before I die...if God wills it,it will come to pass- HE HAS THE FINAL SAY!!! ;)...so be in prayer for me that i can go with you, sister ging...thank you for your love for our HEAVENLY FATHER and LORD JESUS!
tita.b.