Sunday, October 5, 2008

Application

Has there ever been one subject in school that you extremely disliked? Mine would be Math-anything dealing with numbers, calculations, conversions, or just the latter turns me off. I sit here mulling over my disdain towards this subject. Staring at the page won't help, now will it? Coming into the Nursing program, I had the inkling that Math had forever been eradicated from my life. I was wrong. I have to learn how to convert from one measurement to another.

I realized the importance of Math and quickly came to a conclusion that I need to befriend this thing called "Math" in that, years later, upon becoming a Nurse, I would need to apply what I have learned.

Like the bible, it takes more than reading the subject, though, at times, we painfully avoid reading or studying what is written. Why? Because we read of things that point us to the wrongs in our life-it rebukes us. Like Math, we need to apply what we have learned.

...And yet, I still don't like Math!

No comments: