Nothing is ever going to keep me away from my love and passion for music. Music was originally my minor, but I changed it to biblical studies because it would be time constraining. This evening, I had a conversation with my mother regarding the spring classes that I had registered for: Two, six hour clinical nursing/lab classes, rounding up to twelve hours! It doesn't seem much to me because I had gotten used to having 15-17 semester hours. I told my mother that I wanted to add a biblical studies class to fulfill the requirements for my biblical studies. Little did she know that I had changed my minor.
Music-I really do miss it, I really do. It's my passion and I love it. I informed my mother that I would take up music once I am done with Nursing, but something in me just wants to add that as my minor. I know, more schooling, right?
So, what is the Lord's will for my life? I find myself being consumed with the things that I want to do, that I forget all about the Lord's will for my life, and the fact that it is He who decides, not me.
Our weekly MLC (ministry leadership council) meeting reminded me of the Lord's will.
From Living The Extroardinary Life, Charles Stanley
Benefits of Following God's Will
1. Is it Consistent with the Word of God?
2. Is This A Wise Decision?
3. Can I honestly Ask God to Enable Me to Achieve This?
4. Do I have a Genuiine Peace About This?
5. Does This Fit Who I Am as a Follower of Jesus?
6. Does This fit God's Overall Plan for My Life?
7. Will this Decision Honor God?
Why Is It Wise to Wait?
1. To Receive God's Clear Direction for Your Life
2. To Keep in Step with God's Timing
3. To Allow God the Proper Time to Prepare You for His Answer
4. To Strengthen Your Faith in Him
5. To Allow God to Sift through Your Motives to Reveal Your Desires
I applied for a resident assisstant position here, but to my dismay, I was not chosen. I can honestly say that I was very disappointed and embarrassed, but alas, I know that since this is not what the Lord wanted me to be in, there must be something out there better for me. Afterall, He knows better than I do, and to that, I say AMEN!
1 comment:
Hi, Ging!
Thanks for this devotional.
How are you? Looking forward to see you for Thanksgiving....Miss you!
~tb
Post a Comment