Let's be frank and honest here, no one, I mean no one, would dare ask these kinds of questions, now would they?
For Example...
Question: I am a single man who has a very strong sexual desire and do masturbate upon occasion to prevent a lack of self-control that would lead to lustful and sinful actions. When I masturbate I am not lusting, so is this okay?
Answer: First, I would encourage you to be working toward marriage since you are obviously not built by God to endure a life of singleness. Second, I would be very cautious in evaluating your heart since only you truly know if you are lusting when you masturbate. Third, it seems possible but unlikely to be sexually aroused without sexual thoughts; I guess you could think of tractors or something to divert yourself, which seems peculiar but not evil. Fourth, I would be careful to ensure that your masturbation does not lead you into pornography and other sins if/when it becomes unsatisfying.
Question: My wife and I watched pornography together a lot before we became Christians and imitated what we saw people doing on the television. We both really enjoy watching pornography and wonder if it is okay to continue watching pornography if we do it together and only have sex with each other?
Answer: No, you should not watch pornography because it is a sin of lust. Also, you do not want your lovely wife to think of herself as a whore. Since it is your job to wash her with the Word of God, cleansing her and making her holy, you should put down your dirty, defiling porn and pick up your Bible as the beginning point for your marital intimacy.
Totally legit, and biblically contextual. You see, the Bible does have all the answers!
You! Yes you; it's no longer a taboo subject. Thank the Lord of men like Mark Driscoll-men who are not afraid to answer these kinds of questions...and mind you, his answers were biblically cited too...
On another note, if coffee, working out, stretching, and facebooking is no longer keeping me awake, I guess I should try sleeping instead?
If you've made it this far, perhaps I've gotten you hooked..here...
No comments:
Post a Comment