It's a no brainer that being away from your loved one becomes very difficult. My wonderful husband was gone for a week and it hurt and killed me being away from him. I knew he felt the same way, but my coping and adjusting skills are just terrible. I said I hated him, but it wasn't true. I wasn't angry at him, I just didn't like the fact that he was always gone. My father reminded me that we will always be married to our job. My father was an engineer. During his early years of employment, he was always being called for work, even during non working hours. He was always leaving for business and was gone for weeks at a time, leaving my mother handling three kids on her own, and running her medical office. My father said that it was hard on the both of them, but he had to do it. Likewise with my husband, there are things that he cannot control, and I have to learn how to adjust to that. Being a newlywed and having your husband gone is difficult.
I let my emotions get to the best of me a lot of times; when that happens, I forget to pray to my Father-the only person who I know to give me that comfort and reassurance that my husband and I will be fine.
My dearest husband, I will stick with you, through thick or thin, for better or worse. Escaping from something difficult is not what I intend on doing. I know that the Lord has a handle on everything that happens-everything is not an accident-it was made for a purpose. I just have to keep reminding myself that.
I love you, Mike, with all my heart and soul. I know I don't say it or show it, but know that deep in my heart, I do. I love you and I thank the Lord for blessing me with a person like you. I see now that the Lord is using you as a vessel to change me...
I just need to be reminded that Satan is always there, lurking...and sometimes, I let him get the best of me. May it not be so because you, oh Lord, have won over him!
My wonderful husband, know that I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment