Tuesday, September 21, 2010

So Close but Yet So Far

Mmm, I miss my husband so much. We're only a few miles from each other, but the fact that he's not home to spend the evening with me, to have dinner with me, just plain...stinks. It's so difficult getting used too, but then again, I guess you could say that this is practice for the real thing. His absence is making me a much stronger person. I have accepted the fact that his job requires his presence, his absence, and his time. I have learned to be flexible, adaptable, and teachable. Teachable in a sense that during these silent moments, I know to listen to the Lord-to pray, to alleviate these distressing thoughts about his upcoming departure, to be selfless, to think about my husband more than myself.

I have been selfish, foolish, and immature. Too immature; wanting to give up when things don't go the way I want them too-may it be not so. Persevere, my husband said. Till death do us part, we said in our vows. Let me be reminded of that...Persevere in all circumstances.

Like a lost sheep, I have come back to my shepherd-to learn to pray fervently, persistently, consistently, and to lift up my troubles and worries to my maker, for he alone can provide me with that comfort.

I have a goal in mind: To make my husband proud by finishing school and becoming a nurse...my eyes are on the prize.

I love him dearly, more than he knows. I wish he was here so I can give him a big tight hug and kiss. Even if we are apart from each other, I know that our Father is keeping watch over us. With that, I take comfort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our growth and development with one another will be journey of patience and perseverance, flexibility and adaptability, and faith and hope. Baby, we must always cherish the moments we have and hold together. At any time our Creator can take us home... Life is but a spark in all of human existence.

Every moment with you is a blessing ...Every time I hold you in my arms and each time I share a kiss with you...time slows down as the world passes by... it feels like "our" spark shines in a motionless instant...almost eternal...