As I was browsing through facebook, I began to realize that my then nursing classmates are all updating their statuses with "I picked up my cap and gown today" or "6 weeks until graduation." I was happy for them. You see, that could have been me updating my status-unfortunately, due to unforeseen and mitigating circumstances, I failed out of the nursing school. You'd think I'd be very upset and still crying over what happened, right? That was last year, December of 2010. My heart is at peace, and part of me knows that there's something far better for me, so my countenance towards it all is that of a calmness composure. I know this because my Heavenly Father does not cause things to happen without a purpose, and though we may not see it all right now, or understand His reasonings for it all, we are called to trust in his mighty Will and to abide.
It's not the end of the world, and although my father keeps telling me that I'm getting older and time is fleeting, I have a husband who is there to support me in anyway that he can. To encourage me to keep going to school. To follow my dreams. To do what I want to do. And though I like to think of myself as a woman who is strong, tough, and durable, my emotional being can also be broken. It is my kryptonite. My weakness. A harsh word can trample me down and break me.
You see, I have a very loving husband who will always be there for me. And I will do likewise. I will be there for Him, in spite off, despite off, regardless off, and no matter what will happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment