It is now that i have begun to realize the consequences of my actions. it is now that i realize what unconditional love really means. the Lord sent his only Son to die on the cross for our sins-why would he do that for people that he’s never met and never known? Because he loved us that much. We are sinners. I’m a sinner. You are a sinner. I have learned to forgive even if what was done to me hurt. Forgiving is easy. Loving is easy. The pain hurts. The pain lingers. So what can liberate me from the pain? Forgiveness begins the healing process. So I have forgiven.
I have learned to become stronger by relying on the Lord’s strength because in my weakness, He is stronger. I must remind myself that our struggles “is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms”.
My husband and I have committed to a time when both of us would pray for each other. One of his prayer requests was that the Lord may shape his character into the man that He has intended Him to be for me, and for our marriage. My prayers are being answered in that he confessed something to me that most men would not have the courage to do so. It is the beginning of his sanctification process. Even if it meant hurting me, it had to be done. For that, I was glad. He was ready to bring it out into the light and to admit his mistake. The news was very difficult to swallow and to hear, but liberating at the same time. He was no longer hiding it behind my back. He was open, honest, and full of courage. Even I wouldn't have the guts to do what he had done.
All in all, all glory and honor and praise to our heavenly Father. May those who are reading this be lifted and encouraged. There is joy in the mourning.
No comments:
Post a Comment