Boo face, this is what occurred last night as we ended our conversation in gmail, and never heard a word from you throughout the duration of the day.
I left you some messages via skype hoping that maybe your faulty internet has once again gone awry and cutting us off amidst our conversations. Now, that is the usual dealing with your internet, but when I stayed up in the whee hours of the morning, say about 0400 and until daylight hours, and never saw you online, I began to panic and worry. Because of the panic and worry that had obscured by delightful countenance, I fell asleep thinking of the worst possible scenarios happening in your side of the world, with my laptop close beside me.
Waking up with only a few hours of sleep, I hurriedly checked skype and gmail to see if you had possibly gotten online: there was no sign of you, and all the more did I get worried. To drive those worries away, I began to read my devotionals and prayed that the Lord protect, guide, and grant you the wisdom and peace of mind in your heart that everything there would be okay; for strength as you went about your work dealings, and rest as the day ended; protection from the Evil one, and for the Lord to continue to shape you into the husband that he has intended for you to become.
My heart was beating so fast, pounding so loudly, my mind racing, I keep tossing and turning, and I'm always pouting. Nothing puts a smile to my face than hearing and seeing you my one and only love.
I kept my phone and laptop within close proximities hoping to hear that all to familiar sound from skype whenever you were calling, but to no avail, there was none. Today was also the day that I was to go meet Francis and Marie, as we were to head out to Fort Worth to the planetarium to watch and educate ourselves about the solar system. Even throughout our outing today, I constantly kept checking my phone hoping you would get online, but again, you weren't. My eyes were on my watch, calculating the exact difference of time between you and I, and wondering what you were up to; what you were doing; how you were doing; wondering whether you were running away from danger...
In the distant horizon of George Bush Turnpike, I could see the silhouette of airplanes slowly making their descent to DFW airport, and began to reminisce of that day when I watched and waited for your plane to take off until I could no longer see it in plain sight. I was in a very somber mood. I tried to lift my spirits, but all I could think about was you and your condition there.
Remember when we drove to downtown Fort Worth that one day? That's where we ate for lunch and all the more did I miss you. Remember eating at P.F. Chang's? I guess we had nothing else planned out for the rest of the day so we just walked around the plaza...
Now, here I am, again, alone in this lonely room, staring at the teddy bears you won me at circus circus and smiling, picturing you in your nice outfit, and sadly, again, smelling your scent when you wore that lavender colored shirt, with your matching sportcoat and dress pants. You looked so handsome. I long to be with you again my love.
You remember telling me to help our Dr. Mama out in the house? To stop slouching? I did all that today...for you. I love you and I miss you very much.
In honor of Memorial Day, our Dr. Mama and Papa hung the American flag outside our house. They even saluted it to commemorate you and the sacrifice you are doing...that brought me to tears...Oh how I long to be with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment