Saturday, July 23, 2011

DO EVERYTHING

As our mother and I drove to Killeen today, a song came on the radio. I listened to the lyrics carefully, and it went something like this. Here is a little snippet:

Well maybe you're sitting in math class
Maybe on a mission in the Congo
Maybe you're working at the office
Singing along with the radio
Maybe you're dining at a five star
Or feeding orphans in Myanmar
Anywhere and everywhere you are
Whatever you do it all matters
So do what you do and don't ever forget
to do

Little stuff big stuff in between stuff
God sees it all the same
And while I may not know you I bet I know you
Wonder sometimes does it matter at all
We'll let me remind you it all matters just as long as you do


I kept telling myself that I am to do everything for the Lord, whatever it may be. No matter how tedious, small, or pointless we may think that certain task is, the Lord doesn't! How amazing and wonderful is that? Everything that we are doing together is for the Lord! It's all for him, and it matters to him!!! I'll have to keep that in mind more often. Everything matter's to the Lord.

We were stuck in traffic for an hour and all throughout that time, all I kept thinking was "I am so bored"; however, our mother was thinking of the latter: "There is a purpose to all this, even being stuck in traffic. We just have to trust him." That's big, that's grand, that's awesome thinking, that's awesome mindset. That's a mindset grounded in the Word. I desire to be grounded in the Word!

I find it quite amazing how the Lord, the one who created the universe, me, and everything in it, is such a gracious, loving God who understands me and you, my faults, and weaknesses. We can always come to him in prayer for everything.

Passing through Killeen reminded me of the wonderful places we traveled too. Even though it's a city of a few things, we found ways to keep ourselves wonderfully busy. Lots of memories were made there. From the day we first met, to the house we currently occupy, I played our every single detail or adventure we have shared together. What a blessing to even have the opportunity to remember. Oh, I miss you dearly, more than you'll ever know. Truly, I am blessed with such a wonderful husband such as yourself. You have shown me so much love and affection, that sometimes, this selfish body of mine fails to see those. However, I am constantly being reminded of your sacrificial service to the Lord and to me by all the countless acts you have made. I cannot even begin to count them. They are insurmountable in numbers. Thank you, my love, thank you. I thank the Lord for you.

No comments: