Thursday, July 24, 2014

Fear


Today marks the day that our missionaries from our church depart to Honduras.  In light of the all the news regarding missing planes, planes being shot down, planes disappearing without a trace, I have to admit, it brings in a little fear and anxiety.  Yes, I like to admit that I'm standing on His word, but you have to admit, it's human nature.  The only glimpse of hope of knowing that they are safe and sound is watching a live flight tracker that makes me know of their current positional information.  It gives me a little comfort knowing that they're flying at decent speed with the appropriate altitude.  I can see their every move.  They are currently 1, 057 miles from their destination.  I can see a glimpse of their airplane making its way to the ocean-that my friends, gives me chills, mostly because I know that my mother, who is part of that mission trip, does not know how to swim.  My brain goes into those mode of "what if's", which is obviously never a good thing-you begin to think of the worst possible scenarios that could possibly go wrong, and that, never brings anyone comfort.  So at this moment, my prayer is that the Holy Spirit within me may capture those seeping, anxiety, worried thoughts out of my system and rely that the Lord may bring them safely to their destination.

As of right now, the only hope that I can lean and stand on is my Lord, knowing full well that I can cast this worry upon him.

1 comment:

Ginelle Bell said...

I really like your makeup here! lol
BTW YOU SHOULD FOLLOW MY BLOG BACK :)