Friday, July 18, 2014

Oh Summer, Dear Summer

Oh summer, dear summer.  I took three classes with the intention of keeping me busy and making the time pass by.  I did accomplish it, but now that summer school is coming to an end, I'm starting to experience the epitome of my laziness.  I've always told myself that I would make every second of the day count.  What have I done with those seconds?  Idly sit by as I watch the second hand of the clock tick away, wondering, when, and how long I have until work is done.  What happened to my drive, my motivation?  I guess it's just one of those days where I don't want to do anything anymore.  Sitting idly by gives me time to think.  So here's the deal, I'm torn between Christian Education and Media Arts and Worship.  I think Christian Education because it'll probably give me more chances of actually finding a stable job, while Media Arts and Worship allows me to really apply what I enjoy doing.  More and more, I see the Lord confirming the path that I'm suppose to be on, but there's always this constant tug that keeps pulling me back to the mindset of "how will you survive when you have kids?"  "is that a stable job?"-it's those thoughts that keep holding me back, but then again, sometimes, you just have to take the plunge.  Whether I take either path, the Lord already knows what will happen.  I need to prayerfully make these choices.

No comments: