I remember taking Webmastering in ninth grade; I thought It'd be a great experience to learn how to master creating web pages-boy I was wrong. Writing out codes was fun in the beginning stages, but once you got to the complicated, more intricate details for creating webpages, tables, etc., I struggled. I had to rely completely on my friend, Nhat, to help me, as I struggled with the class. She was an expert at it - her knowledge of codes was way too advanced for me.
Through the duration of my ninth grade year, we were told that it was very imperative that we learn and grasp the codes and instructions for making and designing a webpage. I didn't really care. Fast forward to the last weeks of my ninth grade year - what our teacher said was biting me back in the butt - turns out that our final exam was to present to him a clearly, neat, designed webpage. I was busted. I thought I was going to fail the class because of my incompetency, but I didn't. To my surprise, I actually managed to create a very well designed webpage that took me more than a week , even months to complete, just so I could show the teacher that I actually knew what I was doing. Earning that A did not come easy. There was a lot of trial and error, a lot of deleting and re-starting. It was so frustrating, incredibly tiring and I just came to a point where I was so annoyed with the class, I was ready to walk out and get an F for it. Yeah, that's how I looked (refer to picture). I was so ho-hum about it - I figured, "Well, if the Lord wills that I fail the class, oh well"; but then something clicked: I had a choice - I couldn't give up that easily, so I mustered the courage to endure the trial because I knew that one day, what I learned would come in handy, and so, hence this blog. That's why I had started this blog: I wanted to mess around with the HTML codes so that I could customize to the way that I had wanted too. I know, it's still in the works, but if there was one thing that I would take away from that Webmastering class, it was this: Keep it simple. So, here it is, it's as simple as I could get it to be.
That trial of my youth reminded me of the message yesterday (1 Peter 1:6-9). Trials and suffering are crucibles that we must go through; it's simply part of the Christian life. Trials make you stronger - you come out of it better than you came into it. It's just that simple-our human nature just refuses to go through it because we're merely not designed for it, but yet, we do have to go through it. What a conundrum. But alas, take heart, the Lord suffered more than we did, endured more than we did...so He knows what it feels like, He knows what we're feeling, He knows it all! Allow that trial to come into your life, knowing that in the end, you will come out stronger and better than before! Believe it, my friend!
...in the meantime, when I do have the time, I'll add something in that banner..

No comments:
Post a Comment