I will be turning twenty-nine next week. Goodbye twenty eight. I remember being in my 20's and aspiring to become the best critical nurse out there. I wanted to pursue becoming a Medical Doctor just like my mom; to join the air force and be a Medical Doctor, to earn enough money so I could pay them back for everything that they've done.
You see, we don't begin to appreciate all the things that our parents have done and continue to do until we're in our mid 20's or late 20's. Actually, all our life. That's just how it is. I purport that we have our own idealistic thinking early on in our teenage years and we think that we have it all and we know it all, but we really don't. We have parents to try to guide us in making the right decisions, but we ignore it because we think they're being too controlling or the fact that they don't quite understand...oh the joy's and turmoil of being at that age. Do I miss it? Not as much. I relish in the life that the Lord has given me; I cherish the moments that I struggled with; I cherish this life, this gift, and everything with it.
You see, we don't begin to appreciate all the things that our parents have done and continue to do until we're in our mid 20's or late 20's. Actually, all our life. That's just how it is. I purport that we have our own idealistic thinking early on in our teenage years and we think that we have it all and we know it all, but we really don't. We have parents to try to guide us in making the right decisions, but we ignore it because we think they're being too controlling or the fact that they don't quite understand...oh the joy's and turmoil of being at that age. Do I miss it? Not as much. I relish in the life that the Lord has given me; I cherish the moments that I struggled with; I cherish this life, this gift, and everything with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment