What do I miss most? My husband and I like to listen to classical music when we are studying-what he doesn't know is, classical music brings me to tears. There's this deep longing that I can't even begin to explain-it's beyond words to me. Hearing classical music brings a sense of nostalgia in my life and when I hear those sweet harmonies and melodies, I begin to reminiscence of my middle through high school years; those days of practicing and perfecting my music; those long hours of repetitively playing the same notes and melodic line over and over again until it has been perfected to its core. I miss those days. I miss picking up my viola to play with my orchestra. I miss having orchestra as one of my classes. I miss lugging around a huge viola case to class. I miss having calloused fingers from all the practices that I had devoted. I miss receiving recognition from all the hard work that finally paid off. I miss traveling to other states to compete. I miss the orchestra. It's instances like those that remind me of taking advantage of the opportunity that I know I will never once attain again, unless of course, one had decided to major in music. As for me, I do it as a hobby-in all those years that I've been playing, sometimes, it's nice to hear somebody else play it for once, and I become the audience. God gave me functioning ears and emotions that stir-I'm human and I was created this way by God. He has created me ears that can hear and senses that can appreciate the beauty of his creation. Dwell in it and enjoy it.
2 comments:
Beautifully written! Music can really have that affect! Just like when we think back to a memory through a familiar scent!
Incredibly true friend!
Post a Comment