Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Comparing
There is this nagging sense in me to want and compare myself with others all the time. It's human nature, you know? It's ingrained in this earthly body of mine-yours too. It's difficult to ignore the whispered annoyance of "What if's?" that runs through my head. Things like, what if I graduate from Nursing school, would my life have been any different than now? Considering life's circumstances and the season that we are currently facing, the answer to that question would of course be a blatant yes. But somehow, you have to think that perhaps the Lord had other plans for me-and yes, He did. We may not be the richest couple out there, nor have any of the glitz and glamour of Hollywood stars-we may not own the fastest car out there, or have the luxury to eat out every night, but we are content, knowing that in other parts of the world, the same things that we find ourselves complaining about, may not even exist. It's those little thoughts that drive me back into being thankful of the simplicity of life and cherishing what I have been blessed with. Yes, sometimes, it's not easy, sometimes, silly thoughts such as "Should I apply for the Amazing Race?" comes to mind-think of what one can do with that million dollars-it's as if that can solve all my problems; to an extent, it might, financially speaking, yes, but to all other problem's that life throws at you, no-it's only a temporary fix. There must be contentment. I wouldn't trade what I am experiencing and going through at this moment in my life-nothing would compare to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment