Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Time Change

I felt as if my world turned upside down on Sunday, mostly because my husband and I forgot how this whole time change worked.  We somewhat thought that we were losing an hour, in a sense that, we would gain an hour.  Typing that didn't even make any sense to me.  Because of that time change, we had decided to sleep late; our late night endeavor which blissfully ended with movies resulted in lack of preparation for Sunday service and duties-time just gets to you..and before you know it, bham, time caught up with you and you were caught unprepared.  

We have a lot of ministry activities to do on Sundays and our Saturday's are spent in preparing for those activities, but on that Saturday, he and I just wanted to relax, to take a break, to chill out, for lack of better words, and though we were unprepared for that Sunday, we, by God's loving grace, we pulled through; once more, our God's faithfulness shines through our tiresome, impossible moments.

Our Saturday was spent with my family as we took this weekend to celebrate both my brother's and my birthday.  29 and 30.  Whew.  We were complete.  Usually, my brother or my aunt would be working, but instead, they were all here to celebrate the wondrous occasion of my brother turning 30 and my 29th.  My father really knows the good restaurants and their quality of food.  Because my father has diverticulitis and is unable to digest red meets, chicken or seafood are his only options, in terms of protein, of course-and so, we had decided on sushi.  

Needless to say, we couldn't button our pants that day. We ended with movie watching.  

....

My sister was cyber bullied many years ago and because of it, she was completely changed.  My sister was a normal person-normal in a sense that, perhaps, like you and me, she spoke, and acted like a normal teenager, but when this cyber bullying happened, she completely changed.  Ever since then, she has never been the same.  Our family has been through lots of trials; we've had our fair share of being in the wilderness, but we still love her all the same.  My sister, when it comes to giving affections to us, specifically, in the hugging arena, was extra sweet...usually, she just gives us these forced hugs just because, but that night, when she handed me my birthday present, she wrapped her whole arm around me and she squeezed me so tight!   I was so happy-it actually brought me to tears and reminded me that no matter how my sister is now, I will never stop loving her...and part of me had this burning urgency to seek revenge for the persons responsible for how my sister was treated.  

I know those who bullied her and I know how they look like-you know, one day, God will pronounce judgement on these things, but until now, I will not stop loving my sister, nor will I ever stop being faithful to the One who can keep their promises and is continually loving, gracious and faithful.  Don't let your guard down-hold fast to His ever faithful Words!  I know that God will see us to the end and though we don't have the answers to everything, His Word is enough. 

1 comment:

Ginelle Bell said...

Thank you for the vulnerability you provide in your posts!