I was just on Facebook and was glancing at all the graduation pictures from the Philippines. It made me miss those good ole' days. I began to reminiscence my days in elementary school. I loved it. I cherished it, and every time I see the medals and ribbons that are decorated into these youngsters, I begin to miss those days.
I think that earning those medals and getting recognized by your teachers and parents are a wonderful incentive to do well in school. The top 3 students of each grade receives their respective gold, silver, and bronze medals for their achievements and for the 4th and 5th placers, ribbons. Such a wonderful incentive. Your parents are even there to pin those ribbons and medals onto you. It's such a wonderful feeling. Part of me hoped that maybe they do this here in the state side school, but the only thing they ever give award you with are pieces of paper or yummy candy treats. Don't get me wrong, I like the paper and the treats, but there's always something more to receiving something solid, something tangible and then having your parents recognize you for it. It's an awesome feeling.
It reminds me of how one shouldn't take one's schooling for granted, but rather, one should take their education seriously; one should enjoy it-it's one of those small blessings that we rarely ever realize. A small part of me wants to rewind back to grade school and repeat it again-and then work hard, earn that medal, and then have my parents pin the ribbon on my chest and decor me with my medals. Ain't that nice?
I think that earning those medals and getting recognized by your teachers and parents are a wonderful incentive to do well in school. The top 3 students of each grade receives their respective gold, silver, and bronze medals for their achievements and for the 4th and 5th placers, ribbons. Such a wonderful incentive. Your parents are even there to pin those ribbons and medals onto you. It's such a wonderful feeling. Part of me hoped that maybe they do this here in the state side school, but the only thing they ever give award you with are pieces of paper or yummy candy treats. Don't get me wrong, I like the paper and the treats, but there's always something more to receiving something solid, something tangible and then having your parents recognize you for it. It's an awesome feeling.
It reminds me of how one shouldn't take one's schooling for granted, but rather, one should take their education seriously; one should enjoy it-it's one of those small blessings that we rarely ever realize. A small part of me wants to rewind back to grade school and repeat it again-and then work hard, earn that medal, and then have my parents pin the ribbon on my chest and decor me with my medals. Ain't that nice?
No comments:
Post a Comment