I purport that since vacation has ended, adjusting to the normal daily activities of the life that I have left a week ago, has been, albeit, daunting, rather, difficult, to say the least. I was quite blessed to travel to a continent that offers much beauty, culture, and life. However, that is not to say that my current residence lacks said things-one just begins to realize that there is in fact, more to life than Dallas, Texas. I behold the beauty of mountains, cooler weather and a change in scenery.
I have lived in Texas for twenty something odd years, but have never had the opportunity to travel outside of the states, besides the Philippines of course. When opportunity presented itself during one normal work day, I seized it. How many people can say that they traveled for free? Not many, I presume.
Relieving the tourist-ty sensation of traveling to another country brings elation to my senses. Standing out in front of a crowd and being lost in all busyness of the Paris streets, its food, and people, was uneasy. We started off on the wrong foot, but one must always make the best out of the worst situations, because let's face it, attitude is what matters most. Though I cherish the lifestyle of these Parisians and well groomed, slim, bike toting men, who parade the streets with glamour and suave, it will always be nature that would forever capture my heart.
Paris, you have taught me how to navigate through your bus & metro systems, discovered that beautiful creatures do exist in that part of your country, walk exuberantly in a fast pace, dress so fashionably, and eloquently speak a language that I will never understand, that even if you argue with your counterparts, it just sounds beautiful. Though you are full of life, I do not adore the smoke. Smoking is found detestable here, but when Parisians do them, why do you all look so elegant? Truly confounding.
...and so begins our journey to beautiful Salzburg, Austria, home of Adolf Hitler's headquarters and the filming location of my most prized movie, "The Sound of Music". When in Austria, one must visit these places. Reliving the movie and reenacting scenes brings about an indescribable feeling-twas a dream come true for me, and so, when I re-watch the film, I can truly say that I have been there and gloat (just kidding).
...and so, in between the humdrum of work, reminiscing comes to play. When will I see you again?
I have lived in Texas for twenty something odd years, but have never had the opportunity to travel outside of the states, besides the Philippines of course. When opportunity presented itself during one normal work day, I seized it. How many people can say that they traveled for free? Not many, I presume.
Relieving the tourist-ty sensation of traveling to another country brings elation to my senses. Standing out in front of a crowd and being lost in all busyness of the Paris streets, its food, and people, was uneasy. We started off on the wrong foot, but one must always make the best out of the worst situations, because let's face it, attitude is what matters most. Though I cherish the lifestyle of these Parisians and well groomed, slim, bike toting men, who parade the streets with glamour and suave, it will always be nature that would forever capture my heart.
Paris, you have taught me how to navigate through your bus & metro systems, discovered that beautiful creatures do exist in that part of your country, walk exuberantly in a fast pace, dress so fashionably, and eloquently speak a language that I will never understand, that even if you argue with your counterparts, it just sounds beautiful. Though you are full of life, I do not adore the smoke. Smoking is found detestable here, but when Parisians do them, why do you all look so elegant? Truly confounding.
...and so begins our journey to beautiful Salzburg, Austria, home of Adolf Hitler's headquarters and the filming location of my most prized movie, "The Sound of Music". When in Austria, one must visit these places. Reliving the movie and reenacting scenes brings about an indescribable feeling-twas a dream come true for me, and so, when I re-watch the film, I can truly say that I have been there and gloat (just kidding).
...and so, in between the humdrum of work, reminiscing comes to play. When will I see you again?
No comments:
Post a Comment