Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I Miss You, Europe

The sweltering heat of Texas makes me miss Europe all the more.  I miss the cool 60 degree weather in the evening and the warm 70-80's in the mid afternoon.  I miss the fact that when you look out the window at 9:45 PM, it's still bright and sunny.  I miss the mountains, green valleys, and its crystal clear blue waters-not to mention, crisp apple strudel, topped with vanilla ice cream that instantly melts in your mouth as you take that bite.  It's a perfect combination-like peanut butter and jelly.  I miss the authentic vienna sausage of Austria-it's not like the processed, packaged vienna sausage that you see in the grocery stores here. I miss wienerschnizel. I miss being a tourist-taking pictures here and there, dressing up like the locals, being lost and not knowing the language.  I miss the culture.  I miss traveling.

...and as the saying goes "all good things must come to an end".

We'll see you again, Europe, someday, but for now, it's nice to reminiscence.

The only memory I will ever have of you, Europe, are these collection of pictures.  Ah, I will forever cherish you, my dear, Europe.   I lived the Parisian lifestyle and will carry it on in my days here in Dallas, Texas. I'll even spout out French phrases here and there just to re-live those summer days.  Perhaps you'll even hear me speaking Deutsche.

No comments: