and out popped my lovely, Jenevieve, nicknamed Evie - I know what you're thinking, "Is she nicknamed after the Pokemon?" Not really - it just so happens that she was named when Pokemon Go was so popularized. She was, made in Paris, so it was only fitting to name her..Parisian.
It's been a tough and a challenging, growing period in our lives having a newborn. She's so cute! Of course, every newborn parent says that of their kid, but our kid is just too cute - big brown eyes, full set of hair - she cooo's now and makes funny, weird faces. Everything is just way too cute, and even though she wakes me up every 2-3 hours to feed, everything is oh so worth it. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
As I munch on my half eaten granola bar, eagerly and patiently waiting until my lunch break, I have come a realization that I am now a full time working mother, part time grad student. I was originally going to take a class online, thinking that I could easily balance all this in my plate, but I have bitten off more than I could chew. Long story short, I dropped the class because I was already incredibly, impossibly behind. On top of that, I am also struggling paying off these loans. I owe a whopping $50,000 dollars and the minimum payment for each one would render us broke each month, therefore, I am on the verge of applying for an income based repayment plan. Our bank account will render us with a whopping $2.00 if I had to pay for them.
On a very random note, it's very strange not having a belly anymore - though I do wish that baby Evie would still be in my womb - I miss being pregnant. I know what you're thinking, another baby? Not yet!
In the meantime, blogging also helps me vent, so random reader, thanks for listening, or in your case, reading!
It's been a tough and a challenging, growing period in our lives having a newborn. She's so cute! Of course, every newborn parent says that of their kid, but our kid is just too cute - big brown eyes, full set of hair - she cooo's now and makes funny, weird faces. Everything is just way too cute, and even though she wakes me up every 2-3 hours to feed, everything is oh so worth it. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
As I munch on my half eaten granola bar, eagerly and patiently waiting until my lunch break, I have come a realization that I am now a full time working mother, part time grad student. I was originally going to take a class online, thinking that I could easily balance all this in my plate, but I have bitten off more than I could chew. Long story short, I dropped the class because I was already incredibly, impossibly behind. On top of that, I am also struggling paying off these loans. I owe a whopping $50,000 dollars and the minimum payment for each one would render us broke each month, therefore, I am on the verge of applying for an income based repayment plan. Our bank account will render us with a whopping $2.00 if I had to pay for them.
On a very random note, it's very strange not having a belly anymore - though I do wish that baby Evie would still be in my womb - I miss being pregnant. I know what you're thinking, another baby? Not yet!
In the meantime, blogging also helps me vent, so random reader, thanks for listening, or in your case, reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment