I find myself musing at the little things in life as I watch my 22-month-old daughter, gleefully and playfully watching the contents of YouTube and its repetitious nursery rhymes. As of late, I had found myself enamored with The Sound of Music. I suppose Julie Andrews' vocals added such richness to the movie, and combined with the sights of Salzburg, Austria, and the beautiful Alps, I begin to reminiscence of my time there.
Truly, what made this movie so successful, that even after more than 50 years, it has managed to carry on?
I am no expert in matters involving the intricacies of Hollywood magic, but I am an avid movie goer who relishes and cherishes such simple plot line, or perhaps it was the catchy musical tunes that are forever etched into my brain.
Nevertheless, you might think of me as crazy, but I had actually managed to learn the Laendlar. I had attempted, no less, to match the vocals of said Dame, and had somehow begun speaking in a British accent, whilst in the middle of writing a 10-page paper on atonement. Such heavy, heady material, might I add.
Austria is a lovely country. I would do anything to find myself back there again, however, this time, actually traveling to every scenic and sight that was presented in the movie. I had done a great deal of research, thanks to this previous traveler (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNutlOE0yhQ), and might I add, books upon books that detail the intricacies of the film and its magic. Yes, I am in awe and wonder at the notion that after more than 50 years after filming, everything has remained the same. Incredibly spectacular and breathtaking.
Interviews from the cast stated that Austria is the 7th country in Europe with the highest rainfall. My visit there was the opposite. The weather was perfect-always bright, incredibly shining, fresh air, lots of strudels, more than I could ever imagine. I even thought about living there, in the countryside, with the cows, Alps, the Untesburg, hills. I suppose it's because it has reminded me of my own home in the Philippines. It's not even remotely close to the Alps, but I lived in the mountains nonetheless and experienced perfect weather.
I dream of reenacting every scene and recording myself at that, all the while planning on creating a YouTube content that shows just what the YouTube link (see above paragraph) presented. I would be there. Silly, I know, but one can always dream.
The Sound of Music, of sorts, thrilling, romantic, swooning, family friendly, whimsical, gives me a break from seminary studies. Old I know, classic, yes. And so, I go back to my blogs and type an entry when I feel the need to 'vent'.
The Sound of Music, Austria, one day, I will come back. 2017 was the last of my visit, but I hope for plenty more. This time, it'll be more than a week's visit.
Truly, what made this movie so successful, that even after more than 50 years, it has managed to carry on?
I am no expert in matters involving the intricacies of Hollywood magic, but I am an avid movie goer who relishes and cherishes such simple plot line, or perhaps it was the catchy musical tunes that are forever etched into my brain.
Nevertheless, you might think of me as crazy, but I had actually managed to learn the Laendlar. I had attempted, no less, to match the vocals of said Dame, and had somehow begun speaking in a British accent, whilst in the middle of writing a 10-page paper on atonement. Such heavy, heady material, might I add.
Austria is a lovely country. I would do anything to find myself back there again, however, this time, actually traveling to every scenic and sight that was presented in the movie. I had done a great deal of research, thanks to this previous traveler (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNutlOE0yhQ), and might I add, books upon books that detail the intricacies of the film and its magic. Yes, I am in awe and wonder at the notion that after more than 50 years after filming, everything has remained the same. Incredibly spectacular and breathtaking.
Interviews from the cast stated that Austria is the 7th country in Europe with the highest rainfall. My visit there was the opposite. The weather was perfect-always bright, incredibly shining, fresh air, lots of strudels, more than I could ever imagine. I even thought about living there, in the countryside, with the cows, Alps, the Untesburg, hills. I suppose it's because it has reminded me of my own home in the Philippines. It's not even remotely close to the Alps, but I lived in the mountains nonetheless and experienced perfect weather.
I dream of reenacting every scene and recording myself at that, all the while planning on creating a YouTube content that shows just what the YouTube link (see above paragraph) presented. I would be there. Silly, I know, but one can always dream.
The Sound of Music, of sorts, thrilling, romantic, swooning, family friendly, whimsical, gives me a break from seminary studies. Old I know, classic, yes. And so, I go back to my blogs and type an entry when I feel the need to 'vent'.
The Sound of Music, Austria, one day, I will come back. 2017 was the last of my visit, but I hope for plenty more. This time, it'll be more than a week's visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment