Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Play Me a Happy Movie

I may or may not have a slightly, overly, sort of, kind of, obsession with The Sound of Music.  I was watching Orville with my husband and the alien, in his depressed mood, asked his futuristic Siri/Google/Cortana "Play me a happy movie", and out pops The Sound of Music.  I just had to belt out laughing or smiling.  Something.  I guess laughing isn't the appropriate verb.  I guess you could say that I was smiling and then in the process, I laughed.  You see, even though it's been 50 something years since its debut, every generation just happens to know the film or at least associate it with one that makes people 'happy'.  And that's a true fact.  Like the alien in Orville, I quite often play it.  That's a lie.  Not often, more like 50 times a day.  Okay, a bit of an exaggeration, more like 2 times a day. 😂 


No comments: