Monday, January 28, 2019

Toes

I've always hated my toes, those tiny appendages that have caused me to become increasingly self-conscious, especially during the summer months.  Back in middle school, when one does not have the funds nor the knowledge of these mani-pedi extravaganza's, one relegates and accepts the ugly truth that these toes are, in fact, not so pretty. 

One of the things I enjoyed and loved about winter is the fact that I can easily hide them with warm woolen socks.  Summer was the worst.  I hated wearing heels for fear that others may glare at my plain toes.  It was only recently, and by that, I mean, college, that I discovered said mani-pedi's and relished in its complexities and lavished in its glitz and glamour, but at a costly price.  Who knew that they would be so expensive?  Certainly not me, but then again, everything costs money, lost of money.

In light of my current circumstances, lavishing in these mani-pedi's is now a very rare opportunity, but I've come to accept and love my ugly, plain, looking toes.  

No comments: