God often tells us to remember. Remember how He has been faithful in the past. Remember past miracles, victories and rescues, words of encouragement.
There are things we need to forget. Forget past mistakes that we have asked God to forgive. Learn from them and move on, letting God redeem them and bring good out of them.
When life does not go as you planned, look for God's plan. He is in the process of doing new things in new ways. Get your eyes off past and focus on the good future that lies ahead.
What gets your attention gets you. Let it be God's and His faithfulness, not your failures.
-------------------------------
Today was my first day in Chapel. It was very good. Our speaker talked about how to get focused. Focus is an inner commitment to something, and when the object of focus fails us, we fall. He said that our focus should be upon pursuing the Kingdom of God and referred to Matthew 6:33 in which it says "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you." My focus should be transcendent. God never fails, nor does he leave us, and even though I do fail, he is still there. I serve God, not man, I please God, not man.
I do not want to read the Bible solely because my class requires me to, but because I want to know more about His Word.
No comments:
Post a Comment