Monday, January 21, 2008

It's Called College

As I was looking through the list of chapters I have to read before class this week, I started freaking out. It never dawned on me that I actually have to sit myself down and read-something I've really never done before. I've cruised my whole way through community college not having done this, but miraculously (should I even call it that?) getting decent grades. I wasn't proud of them, but I knew that if I studied hard enough, I would've gotten better grades. I had the potential, I just didn't apply it. I always used excuses like "but I have to pick up my siblings, I'm too tired too study, I can do it tomorrow, It's easy anyways..."

Now, I have no distractions, I have all the time in the world, and I have all the resources that I could possibly ask for, so what more would I need?

Self-discipline. I am here to study and to finish.

So, this is college life huh? Reading and reading and studying and studying, but it's all worth it, because now, I know that I am actually learning and attaining all this information that I am reading, and while at it, enjoying!

No comments: