Friday, May 27, 2011

Laundry

Managing to get out of bed was no easy task for me today. I wanted to stay in bed and cuddle with my make-shift husband, Mike, hoping that maybe, just maybe, he'll turn into my actual husband and respond back to my hugs. Gosh, the pillow smells so much like him, and so does this huge pile of laundry, composed mostly of his clothes.

I pick up a shirt, smell his scent, reminiscence of the event that took place the day he was wearing that shirt, and shed a tear. Okay, more like bawl in tears. I could cry a pie. I would gladly go on without clean clothes if that meant not having to wash his clothes, but that would also mean that it would start smelling. I'll take the smelling part. Or, I could just keep putting his cologne in every single article of clothing that he wore, including his socks and boxers.

There is a pile of clean clothes already folded and waiting for me to pick it up from the laundry room, but I can't pick myself up to do it. That would mean putting away his clothes too, and that would all lead to an ocean of tears, followed by laughter, and then tears again.

I think back over those two weeks and I smile, and then cry again. My heart aches with such pain to know that he is away from my loving embrace, my touch, my kiss, my hugs. I know, however that my loving Father has him wrapped in his loving arms. Safe and secure.

The two weeks spent together is a gift from our Father. I certainly did not deserve to have a man such as my husband, but I was given one to experience the magnitude of his love for me. Sometimes, when I think of my husband, I say to myself "How could the Lord bless me with such a man?" Not even mere words are enough to describe just how much I love him. He is beyond wonderful. Truly, I have been blessed.

Today devotionals talked about the Lord's Word, and how it is to be our guide in our everyday dealings. It is to be our map, helping to stay on course with his word, despite the unruliness of this world and our tendency to sin. With the help of the Holy Spirit that indwells upon us, it is possible.

Gosh, I miss him so.

No comments: