It has been a most trying weekend-filled with laughter, tears, sadness, hurt, and anger. I've been through a whirlwind of emotions. My mental faculties cannot quite grasp why one would have to go through such ordeals. I get it, it's to make me stronger, right? Sanctification? Prune me? Grow those fruits? Ah yes-although, truth be told, sometimes, I don't like hearing those same answers-a part of me wants more than that, but sometimes, those answers are enough, in and of itself. It just is.
It's so hard to think straight when emotion's are heightened. It's hard to rationalize and reason with the mind things that you've heard and seen, but somehow, the heart, with the mind, finds a way to reconcile the two. And so, I sit here rewinding the events that have taken place said weekend, wondering the different paths that it could have taken if actions were undone. My mind plays the variables and its infinite possibilities.
Amidst this confounding, confusing revelation, I sit here pondering why the AC unit is running on cold air.
It's so hard to think straight when emotion's are heightened. It's hard to rationalize and reason with the mind things that you've heard and seen, but somehow, the heart, with the mind, finds a way to reconcile the two. And so, I sit here rewinding the events that have taken place said weekend, wondering the different paths that it could have taken if actions were undone. My mind plays the variables and its infinite possibilities.
Amidst this confounding, confusing revelation, I sit here pondering why the AC unit is running on cold air.
No comments:
Post a Comment