...and so you wonder, why such a title to this post?
I begin by telling you, reader, that I have a toothache-this gnawing pain that never goes away; sensodyne may do its wonders for the moment, but once the remedy has done its purpose, the annoyance makes itself evident. Do you ever wonder, on a microscopic level, what is happening inside that enamel? Is it rotting away at its core? Is there a big black hole deep within its recesses? Is the bacteria jumping for joy as it slowly, but painfully destroys the enamel? Do you ever wonder why your gums bleed when you apply pressure to it? Do you revel in the painful sensation - Yet one wonders why I can't pick up the phone and call the dentist to make an appointment. They'll make all this annoyance go away, right? Or do I just enjoy tolerating this painful, yet, annoying sensation?
My mind wills me to stay strong and to focus on anything but said annoyance, but my mind can only do so much.
I begin by telling you, reader, that I have a toothache-this gnawing pain that never goes away; sensodyne may do its wonders for the moment, but once the remedy has done its purpose, the annoyance makes itself evident. Do you ever wonder, on a microscopic level, what is happening inside that enamel? Is it rotting away at its core? Is there a big black hole deep within its recesses? Is the bacteria jumping for joy as it slowly, but painfully destroys the enamel? Do you ever wonder why your gums bleed when you apply pressure to it? Do you revel in the painful sensation - Yet one wonders why I can't pick up the phone and call the dentist to make an appointment. They'll make all this annoyance go away, right? Or do I just enjoy tolerating this painful, yet, annoying sensation?
My mind wills me to stay strong and to focus on anything but said annoyance, but my mind can only do so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment