...and thus the new year greets me acquaintances, of old age to the babes, of new friends and faces. As I sit here watching a game of chess take place, my mind reflects upon what has transpired the past year. Good and bad experiences alike have its ups and downs-each one shaping me into the person that the Lord intends for me to become.
And while many, if not, all, I presume, conjures their new years resolution. I have, but none, I must admit, however, there are only a few that I truly would love to work on, that is, as cliche as it may sound, reading the Word on a consistent basis and truly getting to know my Father. Though seminary affords me that opportunity to do so, while I am thankful, I find myself having much difficulty reading the Word with all its substance - my attitude towards it becomes so mundane, careless, and apathetic. There really is difficulty in doing so - I want to read the Word with all its fullness, understanding, and enjoyment.
My prayer for this year to become a better reader of the Word.
And while many, if not, all, I presume, conjures their new years resolution. I have, but none, I must admit, however, there are only a few that I truly would love to work on, that is, as cliche as it may sound, reading the Word on a consistent basis and truly getting to know my Father. Though seminary affords me that opportunity to do so, while I am thankful, I find myself having much difficulty reading the Word with all its substance - my attitude towards it becomes so mundane, careless, and apathetic. There really is difficulty in doing so - I want to read the Word with all its fullness, understanding, and enjoyment.
My prayer for this year to become a better reader of the Word.
No comments:
Post a Comment